Week Events 10/5-10/9:
- Tuesday: Youth Field Hockey make up day 5PM-6PM. Fencing begins.
- Wednesday: Archery begins its first class due to the cancellation of last week. Click here for more details on archery classes. Youth Field Hockey 5PM-6:15PM.
- Thursday: Last day to enter a float into the 56th Annual Halloween Parade! Click here to enter. Basketball Registration Opens.
Welcome to the Rutland City Recreation and Parks Department. Here you will find information about current community programs and events, as well as information about parks and facilities. Here is a list of some of the the community facilities and features:
- Five playgrounds
- Ten public parks (two with gazebos)
- 16 miles of wooded trails (Pine Hill Park)
- Five outdoor basketball courts
- Four softball fields
- Ten outdoor tennis courts
- Three baseball fields
- Picnic Table(s) and/or Benches in parks
Currently there is no swimming pool, here is more information: Rutland City Pool. Upcoming Events and Spotlight will display highlighted programs and events. For a complete listing of available opportunities please view the seasonal brochure or by search programs by Age/Grade/Type.
Do you have a creative idea for a program/event? Do you have talents that if shared could benefit the community? We are currently accepting new program instructor applications for the Fall/Winter 2015 season. This application is for those who are interested in leading a new program through the department. There are wonderfully talented and creative individuals in our community, and this is an opportunity for both community and those individuals to benefit. Looking forward to hearing from you!