How do I register?
- You can register anytime during office hours (Monday-Friday 8:30AM - 5:000PM) at the Courcelle Main Office.
- You can register on-line for programs at www.rutlandrec.com.
- No registrations can be placed over the phone
- Registrations will be accepted until the program is filled, teams have been formed.
- Early registration is encouraged
- PLEASE NOTE: Programs can fill before the $10 discount date. Coming in to register on or before the discount date does not guarantee the program will be open.
Do you provide scholarships?
- The Rutland Recreation and Parks Department and the Recreation Committee recognize that the charging of fees for programs may place such an economic hardship on some individuals that they are unable to participate. For that reason, a fee reduction waiver system is available for eligible residents of Rutland City.
- All scholarships will run from July 1st to June 30th of each year.
- Persons applying must do so before June 15th to be activated by July 1st.
- You must reapply each year to see if you are eligible for a scholarship.
- Contact the recreation office for more information.
- Confidentiality will be maintained.
When does registration begin?
Upon receipt of the brochure in the Rutland Herald:
- Summer: Last Monday in March
- Fall: Last Monday in July
- Winter: Last Monday in October
- Spring: Last Monday in January
Am I a resident?
If you live within the Rutland City limits you are a resident
What do non-residents pay?
- Non-residents pay an additional $11 administrative fee per program
- Limited access programs may have a later registration date for non-residents. If so, it will be noted under the program information.
What is the refund policy?
- A full refund (minus a $5 administrative fee) will be given for withdrawal from a program if requested ten (10) business days prior to the start of the program.
- If the department makes changes to a program that prohibits a participant from attending the program, there is a full refund with no administrative fees.
- A 50% refund will be given for withdrawal from a program if the request is made less than 10 days prior but before the class has started. In the case of team sports, the date the program has started is the date the teams are formed.
- A 25% refund will be given for withdrawal from the program if a request is made on the day that the program started (or the day after for evening classes). There are no refunds after that date.
- All requests for refunds must be made in writing by filling out a Refund Request Form, which is available in the office.
Please note: Return Check Fee Policy
There is a fee of $40 from customers whose checks have been returned to the city.
What if a program is postponed or cancelled?
- Inclement Weather: In the event of rain some programs may be cancelled. You should check our website www.rutlandrec.com, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Other Cancellations: We reserve the right to cancel any programs due to insufficient enrollment or for other reasons preventing the acceptable presentation of the activity.
Do you provide insurance?
The Rutland Recreation and Parks Department does not provide accident or hospitalization insurance for participants. Participants are strongly advised to have adequate insurance. Participation is at your own risk.
Are your programs accessible?
Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request to ensure that programs are accessible to all individuals regardless of challenge.
Do you have a participant behavior policy?
Behaviors of participants that pose a risk to other participants, staff and or the participant himself/herself or that so alters the program to such a degree that we are no longer offering the intended program, will be a cause to remove the participant or participants from the program either temporarily or permanently.