Welcome to the volunteer coaching page! Here you will find details on volunteer coaching, coaching application, and pictures of all the coaches that have volunteered their time to help our programs run! We thank all of you!
Volunteer coaches are the backbone of the Recreation department youth sports programs. Without these coaches, our youth sport programs would not be as successful as they are today! We appreciate the efforts of all out volunteers over the years!
The duties of a Volunteer Coach are:
***If volunteer coaching is something you are interested in, please fill out the application above. You can fax your complete application to 775-2030 or mail/drop off to the Rutland Rec Dept at 16 North Street Ext. Rutland VT 05701***
- Teach youth athletes the fundamentals of the sport.
- Provide a safe and fun environment for children.
- Encourage parent involvement.
- Learn and follow all league rules, policies, and procedures.
- Plan and Supervise games, and practices and events.
- Supervise assistant coaches, managers, or team parents.
- Give each player equal playing time
- Put the feelings of the players ahead of your own desire to win.
- Successfully complete the application procedure and pass a background check.
- Attend any scheduled coaching interviews, meetings, or training.
- Be enthusiastic
- Not want to win at all costs.
- Must be Patient, especially with children.
- Be Organized
- Be dependable