Cardboard Sled Challenge
This activity is sponsored by:
Boy Scout troop 116
- Junior (Ages 6 to 12)
- Teens (Ages 13—18)
- Only regular cardboard, duct tape, and paint can be used to construct the cardboard sleds.
- Sled cannot be wrapped in plastic, shrink wrapped or anything else.
- No wood, glue, industrial adhesives, staples, rope or wire will be permitted on a sled.
- The bottom of the sled must only contain duct tape on seams and edges.
- The design must include the ability to stop the sled at will.
- Keep designs family friendly. No profanity allowed.
- Waiver form must be signed by an adult.
- Participants must wear a helmet. Bike helmets are OK.
- Costumes are encouraged.
- Push starts no running starts.
- 1 person per sled.
- All sleds, parts, and participants must cross the finish line to qualify for the fastest sled. (Sleds may win other awards even if they do not cross the finish line.)
- Sleds will be timed and winners in each category will be determined by the time needed to reach the finish line.
- Judging for best designed will occur before the race.
- Start saving now if you have cardboard
- Check with a local business that may have cardboard they discard