Take a break from your day on Wednesdays at noon at Main Street Park for a free dance class sponsored by Rutland Recreation with different dance instructors who have all donated their time. All levels of students are welcome!
7/3/13 Jessie Lucas Zumba
7/10/13 Cathy Salmons TangoFlow! ®
7/17/13 Shelby Jones African Dance
7/24/13 Felicity Hodgman Bellyfit
7/31/13 Darby Gorham NIA
8/7/13 Susanne Claxton Tribal Belly Dance
8/14/13 Stephanie Jones Let Your Yoga Dance
If it is raining then the classes will squeeze into the gazebo!
Rutland City's Natural Playground
Attention Mud Season Trail Riders:
Please help to maintain our single track by:
Staying on the Trails
Riding corners gently
Staying off extremely soft trails
Ride through mud puddles
Thank you for riding conscienciously!
Pine Hill Park offer a uique 300 acre, 16 miles of single track trail system, offering some of the very best: trail running, mountain biking, hiking, walking, GPS-ing/Geocaching, and snowshoeing in central Vermont.
- Users of Pine Hill Park do so at their own risk.
- The park is open for day use only. No camping. No fires.
- Keep the park clean and beautiful. Pack out what you pack in. DON’T LITTER!
- Some trails are pedestrian use only, or may be closed due to wet conditions, etc. PLEASE OBEY POSTED RESTRICTIONS ON TRAIL USE.
- Please park in the designated area at Giorgetti Park.
- Dogs must be on leash at all times.
- Some trails leave park lands. Please observe park boundaries and respect private property.
- Disruptive behavior is prohibited.
- Disturbing, removing, defacing, cutting or damaging plants, animals or man-made features in the park is prohibited.
- Discharge of firearms, bow and arrows, paintball guns or fireworks is prohibited in the park. NO HUNTING IN THE PARK.
- Pine Hill is a city park and there is no smoking allowed in any city park including Pine Hill and Giorgetti.
Opening May 4th
The shop opens this Saturday May 4 for the season
The park is slated to open tomorrow May 16th with a new set-up in place. The final touches are being done tonight to be ready to go tomorrow.
Kiwanis Bike Rodeo
The Rutland Kiwanis Club, Killington/Pico Cycling Club and the Rutland Recreation & Parks Department will be hosting a bike safety day for children up to age 13. A parent/guardian must accompany the child. There will be a road safetycourse, mountain bike skills course, bike checks and helmets provided. New this year is that we are asking for a $5 donation for a helmet and are looking to purchase higher quality helmets that the kids can decorate. Remember to bring your bike!
AGES: 6 months and up
FEE: All swim lesson fees are: $23.00 resident & NR Fee: $34.00
Our staff is excited to teach your child how to swim, develop their strokes or give them the final tips in mastering the strokes. Our water is heated to a comfortable 81 degrees which makes it much more pleasant to get in the water than it did for us when we were kids! If you sign up for multiple lessons at one time you must sign up for the same level for each additional session. If room allows and your child passes we will move them up upon request for the next session.
City Band Concerts in Main Street Park
City Band Manager: John Krupp 775-5378
Sundays June 17 - August 19
7:00PM - 8:30PM
Enjoy an evening of great music performed by the Rutland City Band on Sunday evenings. Bring a friend, or the whole family and enjoy some wonderful musical entertainment!
Wednesday Concert Series in Main Street Park
Facilitator: Cindi Wight 282-1092
Wednesdays June 20 - August 8
7:00PM - 8:30PM
Bring a pinic basket, family and friends and enjoy a summer evening of music by the following groups:
June 20 - Enerjazz
June 27 - Shellhouse
July 4 - Rick Redington and the Luv
July 11 - Marble City Swing Band
July 18 - Pan Handlers Steel Band
July 25 - Aaron Audet Band
August 1 - Voo Doo Alien Blues Band
August 8 - Satin & Steel
MAKE UP: August 22- Shellhouse